Cheese Shop sales associate/cheesemonger
We are looking for a result-driven Cheesemonger to be responsible for all sales job duties, from generating leads to closing sales. Duties will also include serving cafe customers and kitchen duties.
What does a Cheesemonger do?
You will work closely with customers to determine their needs, answer their questions about our cheese and make recommendations. You should also be able to promptly resolve customer complaints and ensure maximum client satisfaction. To be successful as a Cheesemonger, you should stay up-to-date with our products, pairings, and the cheese industry and maintain our store’s visual appearance in high standards.
Ultimately, the duties of a Cheesemonger are to achieve excellent customer service, while consistently meeting the store’s sales goals.
Our responsibility to you?
We will train you on our products and give you the materials to stay up-to-date on the fast growing artisan cheese industry. We will give you the tools and support for our mutual success.
- Welcome customers to the store and answer their questions
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through knowledge and service
- Assess customers' needs and provide assistance and information
- “Go the extra mile” to drive sales
- Remain knowledgeable on our cheese and discuss available options
- Process POS (point of sale) purchases
- Cross sell products
- Team up with co-workers to ensure proper customer service
- Greet customers as they enter
- Answer their questions
- Take orders while paying attention to details (e.g. preferences, allergies, etc)
- Prepare food following recipes
- Serve meals, beverages, and prepared food, like cookies, pastries and muffins
- Receive and process payments (cash and credit cards)
- Keep the area clean
- Maintain stock of clean mugs, baskets, etc
- Check if equipment operates properly and report any maintenance needs
- Comply with health and safety regulations
- Communicate customer feedback to managers and recommend new menu items
- A friendly and energetic personality with customer service focus
- Proven work experience as a Retail Sales associate, Sales representative or similar role
- Be self-motivated
- Proficiency in English
- Basic Math skills
- Working knowledge of customer and market dynamics and requirements
- Track record of over-achieving sales quota
- Hands-on experience with POS transactions
- Familiarity with inventory procedures
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to perform under pressure and address complaints in a timely manner
- Availability to work flexible shifts
- Food Handler's Permit
- High school degree
how to apply
Only in-person applications accepted.
6605 Northwest Dr.
Ferndale, WA 98248