- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound ground beef
- 9 ounces ground pork sausage
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 15.5 ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15.5 ounce can kidney beans
- 1 29 ounce can pumpkin puree
- 1 28 ounce can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Saute onions in 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large pot until translucent. Add the garlic and bell peppers, saute for about 5 minutes. Remove from the pot and set aside.
- In the same pot, brown the beef and pork sausage in 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Once the meat is browned, add back the onions and peppers, then add the diced tomatoes, pumpkin, chicken broth, beans and spices.
- Bring to a low boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with Cumin Gouda, sliced green onions and sour cream.
Adapted from The Autumn Chili recipe from Taste of Home