Here's a quick and easy make ahead recipe. It's great for when you have overnight company, or just want a special weekend treat.
Overnight Blackberry Bundt Cake
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Quark
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh blackberries (or fresh berries of your choice)
- Grease and flour a ten cup bundt pan.
- Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then the Quark and vanilla.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon until combined.
- Stir into the Quark mixture, do not over-mix.
- Gently fold the blackberries into the batter.
- Spread the batter into the prepared bundt pan, cover with plastic wrap and chill 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Remove plastic wrap from the bundt pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the thickest part comes out clean, about 40 to 45 minutes.
- Cool 10 to 15 minutes. Gently loosen from the sides of the pan and invert onto a serving platter.
- Once cooled completely, top with powdered sugar or lemon icing.